Can I write to my sponsored child? Will they write to me?
- Yes, you can write to your sponsored child as often as you would like. In fact, you can also send appropriate gifts as well. Your child will write to you at least 2 times per year but often more as you correspond with the child.
If I would like the staff to purchase something additional for my child, how do I do that?
- If you would like our staff in Ethiopia to purchase an item for your child, all you have to do is send in an additional donation to our child sponsorship office in the USA with instructions of how you would like the money to be used and we will get it done for you! Our goal is to send a picture to the sponsor for every additional special gift provided.
How do I write or send a special gift directly to my sponsored child?
- All letters or gifts can be sent directly to Ethiopia at the address listed below. Please note that a member from our staff will translate your letter then deliver to your sponsored child. Do NOT write your child's name or ID number on the OUTSIDE of the package. You may include your child's name and ID number on the INSIDE of the package only. If the child's name is on the outside of the package, it will not be delivered to our mailbox in Ethiopia.
Community Transformation Ethiopia
PO Box 40270
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
How can I make my monthly donations to support my sponsored child?
- Donating to Hope In View Child Sponsorship is easy and can be done in several convenient ways:
- Make a check out to Hope In View Child Sponsorship and mail to our sponsorship office (PO Box 364, Kouts, IN 46347)
- Make an online donation through this website (Donate Now button). These donations can be set-up as one time or recurring donations.
- Issue a check from your bank to be mailed to Hope In View Child Sponsorship, PO Box 364, Kouts, IN 46347.
- Please never send money or checks directly to Ethiopia. All monetary donations must be sent to our USA address only.
- Although not required, we appreciate extra efforts by sponsors to show interest and care to their sponsored child. Letters and small gifts are a great way to show our sponsored child that you are thinking of him or her. We ask that you please do NOT send perishables, anything that melts, or anything very expensive. We hope these suggestions help you to bless your sponsored child! Please remember that even letters, postcards, and photos of the sponsor are very exciting for the children to receive!
Ideas for girls: hair ribbons or hair ties, modestly dressed dolls
Ideas for either gender: clothing, socks, art supplies, sport activities (games, balls), books, crank flashlight, school supplies
- Keeping our sponsors informed about the sponsorship program is very important to us. There are several ways to check in on the happenings of the program. One is through our regular newsletters sent directly to sponsors via the USPS. Other updates are shared through Facebook at Hopeinviewchildsponsorship and this website. If you have any specific questions, we encourage you to email email@example.com to contact our sponsorship coordinator.
- Great question! Of the $40 monthly donation, $1 is retained in the USA to help cover expenses associated with running the program including sponsor newsletters, receipts, office supplies and wire transfer fees. The remaining $39 is sent to Ethiopia to cover the expenses associated with supporting your sponsored child. This includes school fees, material assistance, medical assistance, spiritual programs, and child sponsorship office.
- We strive to keep overhead costs at a minimum to maximize the impact of your donation! The child sponsorship program in the USA operates out of a home office by a volunteer coordinator. No one in the USA is paid to help run this program. On site, we have a staff of 4 Ethiopians whom we help to support as they take on the responsibility of caring for these children and families. Their work is extended through many volunteers who donate large amounts of time to help care for the children.